embroidery stand

 Embroidery Stand

When questions start to come in in bulk (a good sign that somewhere there is a growth spurt in the embroidery world!), I try to bring up the topic here on the website for several reasons:

1. It's easier to refer people to an article; and 

2. If 20 people ask, chances are many more are wondering, but not asking.

So let's talk about the embroidery stand today. While we are working on some considerations, I will link to older articles on the topic, and provide you with information and resources. Input here would be great - more information and opinions we can gather can help others dressmakers make informed decisions about their purchases.

 

Invest in the right position for you

Ultimately, if you're thinking of buying a floor stand or knee stand, it boils down to this: you are making an investment - and I use the term investment on purpose: these tools cost a lot of money ( since floor stands are generally more expensive than kneeling or table stands), but they pay dividends in making your sewing life more enjoyable and efficient, and easier, for a long time. As with any major investment you would make, do your research and get advice and, if you can, try out the tools yourself before you buy, even if you have to drive a couple of hours to a store to try out a booth. that interests you, do it if you can! Better to lose an entire Saturday and a tank of gas, then invest a good chunk of change in an embroidery stand you don't like. Trust me on this. I made the mistake for you!     

 


Embroidery racks that I have owned and used

To put it in perspective so you know I've tried other stands besides the three stands discussed in detail below, I'll admit with embarrassment that I've been a little bit crazy over the years. Perfect piece of equipment, I bought several embroidery brackets myself which turned out to be less than I had hoped for. I have also been lucky enough to be the target of people who get rid of embroidery material (“It was my mother, I don't know what to do with it”), leftovers from shops, my friends have good purchases. at garage sales or thrift stores, and so on. So many booths have presented themselves to me, one way or another.  

 Among the stands that I currently own or that I have owned in the past include: Lowery Work stand, soil medium stainless steel K's Creations (similar to Lowery), scroll frames K's Creations, some media of table from American Dream Products, the Lass Wood Floor Stand, Lass Wood Table Drum Support, and several unidentified brackets intended to hold scroll frames or stretcher bars, including Z-arm brackets and a bracket with a wooden clamp on the side arm.There are, believe it or not, a few brackets that I am always curious to try, but investing in them would be silly, when I have exactly what i need in the three stalls that I use all the time.

Needlework 4 Support System

The first stand I use all the time is the Needlework System 4 floor stand with the frame clamp, which I reviewed a while ago. This holder is streamlined, easy to use, sturdy and perfect for most of my sewing needs. I mainly use it with stretcher bars as well as smaller slate frames. The second holder I use all the time is the Needlework System 4 table / lathe holder, also with the frame clamp. My version is the oldest, with the tubular bar as a base. Now it is made with a tray as a base. You can find the Needlework System 4 booths on display at many local sewing stores across the United States, but they are usually not stocked in stores. You can often test them in store and then order them in store. Online, my favorite source for them is Thread Needle Street in Squarish, Washington. The shop owner is super friendly and helpful, and she usually stocks Needlework System 4 components, so orders arrive fairly quickly. These are also the most affordable options online. You can also find the NWS4 booths in Stitches' Paradise in Florida, another store with good, fast service. Incidentally, they also carry Everette stretcher bar frames.              

The need for needles

A few years ago I reviewed the Millennium frame an embroidery (or cross stitch, cross stitch etc.) frame produced by Needle Needs in the UK It's a great frame - I finds it works great for stretching fabric for embroidery projects. It is easy to use and configure. Needle Needs works hard to keep Millennium mounts coming - they aren't always in stock, but if you keep an eye on their website you can grab them when they have them and place your order. Especially for overseas customers, delivery may take some time.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

print photos Vancouver

aluminum printing

solar panels and photovoltaic